Monday, March 12, 2012

WAYT: Toddler Apparel Extravaganza


Today I need to ask myself, “What Are You Thinking?

I went shopping with my mom this weekend and spent more money on Auggie than I did on myself.  Figures.  That’s how it always goes.  I have money for me and I throw it all at the kid. 

I’d like to blame this problem on Auggie’s extreme cuteness.  I feel an obsessive need to dress His Cuteness in reasonably priced yet colorful and darling clothes.  That’s the kind of kid I want him to be.  Reasonable, colorful, darling.  So far, success. 

I washed up the new baby clothes, folded them, stacked them together in outfits to help the mornings go more smoothly and then went to remove all of the winter stuff to box it away and make room in the dresser for the new not-quite-spring stuff. 

Except when I took the winter stuff out of the drawers, I had nowhere to put it.  I’ve got the 9-12 month clothes box on the floor to be taken to storage, the 12-18 month box is up on the shelf also destined for storage and now I have no box on hand for the 18-24 month stuff. 

What am I thinking?  This is all way too much.  He’s just a tiny little person!  He has single handedly hogged all of my storage space and continues to demand more.  And it’s not just the clothes.  I cannot even begin to detail the plethora of toys and the mountains of gear that are stockpiled in my basement. 

I’m going to console myself over my blatant consumerism by taking into consideration the clothes I am preparing to store.  There isn’t anything in those stacks that he didn’t wear.  For me, this is progress!  In the past when we’ve switched into a new season, there are a handful of things that Auggie never wore.  This time, not so much. 

I’m learning! 

So now, I have to just stick to this handful of outfits until it’s truly warm enough to buy summer clothes.  When that time comes around, I’ll probably just change a few words in this post and pin it up here again!  Admitting your problems is the first step…

No comments:

Post a Comment